America's Heartland on Viking Mississippi
Embark on a 12-day cruise tour of the fabled Upper Mississippi. Hear stories of pioneers who shaped the Midwest and the Lewis and Clark Expedition, walk in the footsteps of Mark Twain and learn about Norwegian migration to the area. Enjoy the view as your ship navigates through the river’s intricate lock system. And experience the region’s many cultural treasures-from ragtime, polka and Norwegian folk music to Wisconsin cheese, craft beer and hearty stews.
Hosting 386 guests in 193 all outside staterooms, the new state-of-the-art Viking Mississippi is inspired by our award-winning Viking Longships® and ocean ships and will feature clean Scandinavian design, as well as public spaces that are familiar to guests but that have been reimagined for Mississippi River voyages. Purpose-built for the Mississippi, the ship’s cutting-edge design, expansive windows and comfortable amenities will make it the first truly modern cruise ship in the region.
Viking Mississippi Features
- 193 comfortable all outside staterooms (128 Veranda & Deluxe Veranda Staterooms, 8 French Balcony Staterooms, 24 Penthouse Veranda Staterooms, 16 Penthouse Junior Suites, 7 Terrace Suites, 10 Explorer Suites)
- All suites feature two full-size rooms with large veranda
- Sun Terrace with Infinity Plunge Pool
- Aquavit Terrace, a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area for al fresco dining or an American barbecue experience
- Stroll the full 360-degree promenade deck for views of scenic landscapes and regional wildlife
- River Café, a new way to dine featuring American classics and Mamsen's Norwegian specialties
- The Explorers' Lounge and Bar with two-story panoramic views of the Mississippi
- The Bow, a quiet sitting area at the front of the ship
- Elevators throughout the ship
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Self-service launderettes and laundry service
- Intelligent energy-efficient propulsion systems produce less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 42" flat-screen, interactive LCD TV with intuitive remote & complimentary Movies On Demand
Viking® brings you closer to the cultures of the world with destination-focused itineraries on the rivers of Europe. You are invited to sail with like-minded travelers on The Thinking Person’s Cruise®. What this entails for you is a culturally rich, immersive experience including enriching shore excursions, insightful lectures, Destination Performances, cooking demonstrations and regionally inspired cuisine—designed to help you explore and engage wi ...